For years, creative people have wondered what they can do with empty wine bottles. If you are making your own wine at home and are in between batches of wine then you are probably going to have dozens and possibly thousands of these bottles lying around.
You can put these bottles to use in several different ways if you have the willingness to modify them a little bit.
1. You could put another drink in them. I put this one first because it makes my previous warning completely irrelevant. You could make pre-mixed cocktails for parties or just for yourself. You could even fill them with water for easy and reusable eco-friendly transport.
2. You could make then into a lamp. There are many ways to do this. Take a look online and you are going to find more than enough different methods.
3. You could return them. Hey, 10 cents might be worth it.
4. You could make them into a tiki torch. All you need is fuel and a wick. Just be careful please, if you burn yourself don’t say that I told you to do it.
5. Cut them in half. This does not sound like much at first but now you have a perfectly good drinking glass. Make sure that you sand down the sharp edges.
6. Make a candle holder. You have seen it is some Italian restaurants. Nothing says class like melted wax dripping down the side of a bottle.
7. Fill them with preserves. This is something that would be quite easy to do with a funnel. Just fill, cork and they are air tight.
8. Decorative soap dispenser. If you toss some flowers into the soap it is going to look great. You can even hot glue a pump onto the top too. If you do that, it is going to be not fillable so if you use a wine bottle with a screw top you are gong to have a better chance of this piece of wine art lasting longer.
9. Make wind chimes. Just make sure that you don’t live in an area that is so windy that the chimes are going to smash together and send showers of broken glass all over you porch.
These are just a few ideas for used wine bottles. If you can think of some better ones I would love to hear about them in the comments box below.